Spicy Potatoes (heat 5/10)
Excellent as a vegetarian option served with tomatoes, lettuce and raita, or as a side dish. Leftovers are divine when fried! (30g net)
- 1 packet Spicy Potato mix
- 900g/ 2lb small new potatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300ml/ 1/2 pint secret sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Chopped coriander, to serve
- Boil the potatoes until cooked but still firm. This can be done in advance.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan, then add the spice mix and stir until fragrant.
- Add the tomato puree and 'secret sauce and water together with the lemon juice, and simmer for at least ½ an hour
- Add the potatoes and cook gently for another 20 minutes until everything is warmed through. Add a little more lemon if necessary.
- Sprinkle with coriander to serve.
- Leftovers are delicious chopped up and fried. Serve with anything – fish fingers, sausages, bacon, try a fried egg on top!
- NB never freeze boiled potatoes! As we always say, they don’t like it and neither will you!