Bitspicy Burger (heat 8/10)
This is a gorgeous but oh-so-simple way of preparing the perfect spicy bbq food. If you are worried about the heat level, use half the packet of spice (or the whole packet with twice as much meat!), as it will still be full of flavour (40g net) NB contains mustard
- 1 packet Bitspicy Burger mix
- 500g/1lb beef mince
- Handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped (optional)
- Lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, ketchup to serve (and see below)
- Combine the spice mix thoroughly with the mince, and coriander if using.
- Split the meat into 4 portions and make 4 giant meatballs.
- Put them on a plate, cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for several hours for the flavours to develop.
- These are best barbequed, but can be cooked on a griddle. Once they are on the grill, flatten to the desired thickness with a spatula to get a nice striped effect!
- Cook for 5 or more minutes on each side, turning as little as possible, to your taste.
- Serve with the usual burger accompanients. Cheese is good! So is mango chutney.
- Try with pork or lamb, with our other Barbeque recipe ideas!