Tandoori Chicken (heat 3/10)
Needs no introduction! (40g net)
- 1 packet Tandoori spice (NB contains mustard)
- 4 chicken breasts on the bone, or chicken quarters.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Juice of a lemon or 2 tbsp juice
- 3 tbsp thick yoghurt
- 1 tsp ground dried chillies (optional, for those who enjoy it hot!)
- Remove any skin from the chicken. Cut three or four times across the pieces, not quite down to the bone.
- Mix the oil, spices, yoghurt and lemon juice together into a paste and rub over the chicken, ensuring you have gone right into the cuts.
- Cover and leave for a few hours.
- This can be barbequed, basting with the leftover yoghurt mixture, or cooked in the oven: turn the oven to its highest setting and wait until very hot, then place on a baking tray and cook for 25 minutes. Check it is cooked through before serving.
- You may find our spices to be on the brown rather than traditional red side! This is because red food colouring is nearly always added to commercial brands and restaurant versions, whereas we prefer to let you add your own should you wish!
- The traditional seared look is achieved by basting with ghee.