Kashmiri Lamb Curry (heat 5/10)
A delicious mild and creamy curry. The lime and spice marinade works beautifully as a bbq marinade (see BBQ recipe ideas). (40g net) NB contains mustard
- 1 packet Kashmiri lamb curry spice mix (recipe card included)
- 1kg/2lb lamb cut into generous bite-sized pieces
- 1tbsp oil
- 300ml/1/2 pint ‘secret sauce’
- Fresh small chillies (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 2 tbsp full fat crème fraiche or yoghurt
- Handful of fresh coriander, to serve
- Mix the spice mix with the lime juice to make a paste.
- Thoroughly mix with the lamb and leave to marinate in a cool place for a few hours or, preferably, overnight in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a heavyweight pan and brown the lamb.
- Add ‘your secret sauce’, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for an hour, or until the lamb is tender.
- Add the almonds and crème fraiche or yoghurt and cook for a further 10 minutes until thickened. Taste at this stage as you may wish to add a touch of sugar.
- Then serve with rice and garnished with the coriander.
- This recipe would traditionally use double cream, but crème fraiche and yoghurt are sharper and lighter and balance the richness of the almonds.
- If you find it is too thick or too rich, add a little lime juice just before serving