Sweet Chilli Paste Recipe
Use this in our Thai Chilli Chicken recipe. It is very versatile, however, and will add a zing to any Southeast Asian recipe. It is delicious as a dip as it has a slightly chewy, caramel texture, with a lingering spicy flavour. Any dried chillies will work; it depends on your heat tolerance!
- 80ml groundnut/vegetable oil
- 1 small onion or 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 40g dried crushed chillies (skin and seeds)
- 1 heaped tsp brown/palm sugar
- pinch of salt
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, and cook the onion until translucent
- Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes
- Add the chilli, stir and add the sugar and salt
- It is ready when the sugar has dissolved and the paste has thickened, which only takes a couple of minutes
- Leave to cool, then put in a jar in the fridge, where it will keep for several weeks
Send Us Your Comments
Please fill out the form below to let us know your comments.