We suggest making this recipe with our Vindaloo spice blend, but it does end up quite hot! Try using Madras or British Curry powder if you prefer it either medium or mild. The list of ingredients is long but basic, and the cooking process is simplicity itself! We have the recipe for barbecued pork (see below), but don't worry if you don't have any - just add a few more prawns!
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4cm chunk ginger, finely chopped (use your judgement as to size!)
- 2 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 200g small shelled prawns
- packet beansprouts (2 large handfuls)
- 120g barbequed pork (char siu), cut into small pieces
- 200g medium egg noodles
- 200g chinese leaf, finely shredded
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Vindaloo spice blend
- 3-4 small red or green chillies, chopped (optional)
- Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave until they can be separated with a fork (maybe 8 minutes), then drain.
- Heat the oil in a large wok, then add the sauces, sugar and curry powder and stir until fragrant. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the meat and prawns and stir through until heated.
- Stir in the spring onions and cabbage.
- Stir in the bean sprouts and noodles until well mixed and heated through.
- Stir in the eggs, and serve once these are cooked - maybe a minute.
Send Us Your Comments
Please fill out the form below to let us know your comments.