Peanut Sauce Recipe
Makes a large quantity!
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried crushed chillies (see link)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- ½ can coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
The peanut sauce can be made in advance:
- Gently cook the onion in the oil until very soft, then add the garlic and chillies
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and cook for a couple of minutes
- Add the coconut milk, bring to a simmer, then add the peanut butter and desiccated coconut and cook gently until thickened. If you like extra tang, add some lime juice.
- Leave to cool before serving.
- This makes a large amount, which can be frozen for future use. After defrosting just bring it to the boil and let it cool.
- It is quite spicy, so leave out some or all of the dried chillies of you prefer. If you have fresh chilllies you can of course use these.
- If you want to make a creamy and delicious curry, add a whole can of coconut milk to the recipe and leave out the desiccated if you like a thinner sauce. Brown some chicken pieces separately and stir into the sauce 15 before eating, then add a handful of fresh chopped coriander before serving.
Send Us Your Comments
Please fill out the form below to let us know your comments.