Korean Pork with Aubergine
This is a delicous recipe which will use lots of your SEA larder staples. The only slightly unusual ingredient is red chilli bean sauce, available in jars from Asian shops or online. Serve as a meal with plain rice, or as canapes served in a small crisp lettuce leaf.
- 2 aubergines, cut into 1cm cubes
- 500g/1lb pork mince
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 130g/4oz mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300ml chicken stock
- 4 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tbsp red chilli bean sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp cornflour mixed with a little water for thickening the sauce
- spring onions to garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the aubergines until soft. Set aside.
- Add the pork to the wok and fry until browned. Add the vegetables and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Pour over the rice wine and cook for a minute or so before adding the stock, other sauces and sugar. Stir in the corn flour and heat, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Return the aubergine to the wok and warm through.
- Serve with sliced spring onions scattered over the top.
Send Us Your Comments
Please fill out the form below to let us know your comments.