Chinese pork ribs
This is a fantastically easy recipe. Just marinade the ribs and bake slowly till the meat is falling away from the bones. (serves 3-4)
- 1kg/2 1/2 lb pork ribs
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 (generous) tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 120ml plum sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (or ordinary white vinegar)
- 3 cloves garlic,crushed
- thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled & finely grated
- Place the ribs in a large oven-proof dish.
- Combine the other ingredients then pour over the ribs. Leave for a few hours or as long as possible, turning the ribs & basting occasionally.
- Heat the oven to about 140 degrees, cover the ribs with foil and cook for an hour.
- Remove the foil and cook for about another hour, basting a couple of times, until you can see the meat coming away from the bone and the meat is looking dark around the edges.
- Serve the ribs on their own (traditional), with the sauce poured over them or served separately in a bowl.
Send Us Your Comments
Please fill out the form below to let us know your comments.