Chilli Beef Recipe
This is our version of the traditional hot and spicy beef recipe that you will find all over SE Asia. You can add fish sauce and other vegetables, but this is the basic version. Top quality beef is essential, but a little goes a long way! We have also cooked this with very rare leftover roast beef - cut very thin slices and then cut these into strips about 3cm wide.
- 250g fillet steak, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil (or vegetable oil is fine)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls chinese leaf, finely shredded
- handful fine green beans, toppped and tailed and cut in half
- 6 or more hot green chillies, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- a thumb-sized pice of ginger, unpeeled, grated
- Mix together the sugar, sauces and rice wine
- In a wok heat the oil, and when hot add the chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Add the beef and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the vegetables and cook for a couple more.
- Add the liquid, heat through and serve with rice. If you prefer more sauce add a splash of water.
Send Us Your Comments
Please fill out the form below to let us know your comments.