Cambodian Chicken curry
There are variations of this dish found all over SE Asia, but this has a particular Cambodian flavour. It is not particularly spicy - increase the heat by adding more fresh chillies.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 150 ml secret sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 100g creamed coconut block, dissolved in a 150ml hot water
- 2 tbsp vegetable/groundnut oil
- 10 dried lime leaves
- 6-10 fresh red chillies, finely chopped with their seeds
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
- fresh coriander to serve
- Put your rice on first, as this is a very quick recipe!
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a sauce, except for the oil, chicken, spinach and coriander.
- Add the oil to a wok, bring to a medium heat and add the sauce. Cook until it starts to bubble and thicken (a couple of minutes).
- Add the chicken and cook for a minute or two, then stir in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Check the chicken is cooked,then serve immediately with rice, and scattered with coriander.
Send Us Your Comments
Please fill out the form below to let us know your comments.