Lime & Pistachio Kulfi Recipe
This has the most delicious tangy flavour. Lime and coconut go so well together, and this had rave reviews when we served it after a curry evening. Serves about 12 people, as you really don't need much!
Zest and juice of 2 limes
1 400g can condensed milk (low fat is fine!)
1 400g can coconut milk (low fat fine here too!)
300 ml double cream (sorry, no low fat option!)
100g pistachios, chopped
- Place the condensed milk, cream and coconut milk in a heavy saucepan with the lime juice and zest.
- Bring the mixture gently to the boil and simmer for about 20 minutes. It will thicken.
- Add the nuts and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature before freezing in a plastic container.
- Put in the fridge when you are serving the curries, as this will give it enough time to soften!
Send Us Your Comments
Please fill out the form below to let us know your comments.