Malay Dipping Chicken, Kuantan-style (heat 6/10)
Spicy chunks of chicken served with a sweet and sour (and hot!) dipping sauce. (40g net) NB contains mustard
- 1 packet Kuantan spice blend
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into large pieces (about 3 per breast)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 birds eye chillies, finely chopped
- Handful coriander stems, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 125ml white vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 birds eye chilli (optional)
- Mix the spices with the oil, garlic, chillies and coriander and smother the chicken pieces. Marinate overnight.
- Place the sauce ingredients in a small pan and simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Either barbeque the chicken or bake, covered in foil, in a medium oven (180 c) for 25 minutes.
- Serve the sauce in individual bowls for dipping the chicken pieces.