Enchiladas with Chocolate Mole (heat 3/10)
A rich but mild sauce using a blend of chillies, chocolate and ground almonds (could be a cake!). Try a meal with half this sauce and half the green enchilada sauce (20g net).
- 1 packet Chocolate Mole Blend
- 700g/ 1.5lb chicken/turkey breasts
- 4tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 20cm or 8 10cm wheat tortillas
- 1 small or 1/2 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 400g can tomatillos, blended till smooth
- 25g/1oz dark chocolate, grated
- 1 heaped tbsp ground almonds
- 25g/1oz sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken breasts in an oven dish, coat with half the oil and cover with foil. Cook at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes. It is not a problem if the meat is a little pink inside as it will be cooked again.
- In a sturdy pan gently fry the onion in the remaining oil until soft, then stir in the spices and the stock cube, crumbled.
- Add the garlic and the tomatillos and bring to the boil, then simmer.
- Add the chocolate and almonds and cook gently for about half an hour, longer if you like.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken using two forks and use to fill the tortillas. Roll up and place in an ovenproof dish. Pour the sauce over and cook in a medium oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.