Chilli Beef Recipe
This is our version of the traditional spicy beef recipe that you will find all over SE Asia. You can add fish sauce and other vegetables, but this is the basic version. Top quality beef is essential, but a little goes a long way!
- 250g fillet steak, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil (or vegetable oil is fine)
- 3 or 4 spring onions
- handful chinese leaf
- handful fine green beans, toppped and tailed
- 3 green chillies
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Mix together the sugar, sauces and rice wine
- In a wok heat the oil, and when hot add the chillies and garlic.
- Add the beef and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the vegetables and cook for a couple more.
- Add the liquid, heat through and serve with rice.
Send Us Your Comments
Please fill out the form below to let us know your comments.